Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nov. 7 - 9, 2008: Way Over Due

안 녕

Well as many of you can tell I've been really slacking on my blog postings. I guess my lack of an attention span is finally catching up to me. Nonetheless it's been a pretty active month since my last post. I've made a bunch of new friends, really good people, and revisited some old friends. I traveled to the west side of Korea, Anmeando on a company getaway. And also traveled to the east side of Korea, Seoraksan and saw some of the most beautiful mountainsides. Celebrated Halloween with Mario, Luigi, Elvis, and a star studded womens relay team. And singing all the while at norebangs. I may have even recruited two more singing fan
atics.

Anmeando: About a month back I visited the west shore of Korea with my school. It was a great trip; I met a bunch of new teachers and devoured some amazing Korean bbq. The turnover rate for teachers is so high here that there's always an opportunity to meet new people. On the trip we visited a resort that had a pretty amazing spa. There were about 10 different spas all with infused with a different flavor: rooibos tea, jasmine tea, California mud, mint, salt water and etc. One of them also overlooked the ocean which was pretty amazing at sunset. We also took a tour of a famous pine forest that provided some interesting pictures of wooden carvings. When evening rolled around we had some awesome bbq and a whole lot crazy adventures to say the least (one included a Costco apple pie).

Halloween: Me being a huge loser I didn't dress up for Halloween this year. I had
plans to dress up as Kung Fu Panda (which I think would have been perfect), but the evil spirits of laziness destroyed what little will power I had. I know, I know I'm weak. I'm hoping that I can make up for it next year. Fortunately I still went out and met up with a bunch of friends; where we proceeded to continue our crazy adventures. Sorry no pics of my own.

Seoraksan: This last weekend I visited the eastern shore of Korea, Seoraksan. My mom has been insisting that I visit this area in the Fall because the mountains and changing tree colors provide an amazing backdrop. Man was she dead on. I also travled with some new friends, which added a new exciting dimension to the trip. Even though it rained most of the weekend I think we still had an amazing time. I truly believe that the pictures I've posted on here don't do the scenery justice. It's a sight that you have to see in person. The array of colors and the shear volume of trees is amazing. And finally you know the weekend had to be capped off with a stint at the hotel norebang; this is where I think I hooked two new singers. Combined with the great company, amazing scenery, delicious food and cheap cost I would definitely peg this as one of my favorite trips.

I hope you enjoyed this post because knowing me it will be a while before the next one. But I hope your all doing well and remember Christmas is just around the corner!

~Sunny

PS: I'm so
happy that I'll be returning to a country run by Obama :)








No comments: